SofterWater™ ShowerSoft Water Softener. Designed to reduce scale build-up in your shower and make showering a much much more enjoyable experience.
100% designed and manufactured in Australia, the SofterWater™ ShowerSoft is a compact inline shower Water Softener which will greatly improve the quality of your water.
What Does It Do?
Water derived from natural water sources like rivers, streams and dams will contain a variety of dissolved minerals and salts.
Some of the dissolved minerals will precipitate from the water when it is heated, forming a hard white mineral crust called limescale. Areas with “harder” water like SA and WA have higher levels of dissolved minerals so experience more severe scale issue.
Because most people use hot water in the shower, taps, showerheads, shower walls and other bathroom fixtures tend to accumulate scale at a rapid rate.
When limescale forms, it can be extremely difficult to remove. It is quite hard so getting rid of it either requires a lot of elbow grease or the use of noxious chemical cleaners.
If ignored, limescale can eventually:
- Clog up your showerhead, impairing its performance
- Work its way into taps, potentially causing damage
- Etch into glass surfaces, causing permanent damage
The SofterWater™ Showersoft is an inline shower water softener designed to reduce limescale build-up from hard shower water.
It can also make your shower behave like it is softer. It will become easier to form a lather and the water won’t be as harsh on your skin or hair. Overall, it makes showering a much more enjoyable experience.
The SofterWater™ Showersoft works using a patented process which changes the electrical charge of dissolved minerals in hard water.
Changing the charge of these scale-forming minerals causes them to clump together in non-sticking colloids. The colloids remain suspended in the water, which reduces their ability to form scale in your bathroom.
As an added bonus, this change makes your shower water behave like it is softer. This means:
- Forming a lather with soaps and detergents becomes much easier, which makes showering more enjoyable
- Your water will have less of a drying effect on the hair and skin, compared to untreated hard water.
These two changes combine to give you softer hair and skin.
The best part — this process does not involve chemicals and does not require electricity. Once installed, the SofterWater™ ShowerSoft will last for many years, if not decades.
Comes with a Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty (See manufacturer website for details).
Please continue reading to learn more or get in touch today.
SofterWater™ ShowerSoft Inline Hard Water Softener – Features
- Inline water softener for showers
- Flow rates (Litres per minute): Minimum 6 L/min, Average: 10 L/min, Maximum 15 L/min.
- Standard 1/2″ Male/Female connections. All you need to do is unscrew your existing shower arm and screw the Showersoft onto the 1/2″ male water outlet. Your shower arm is then screwed onto the 1/2″ male end. Can also be used on a 1/2″ braided shower hose.
- 316 Stainless Steel Construction
- NO Maintenance Costs
- NO Chemicals Required
- NO Electricity Required
- Does not change the taste of your shower water
- Can break down existing scale in your shower head, as the charged colloids can attract molecules from existing limescale.
SofterWater™ ShowerSoft Water Softener – Manufacturing Process
SofterWater™ ShowerSoft Shower Water Softener – Key Benefits
- Protects Your Shower Fixtures From Damage
If you live in a hard water area, you would already know how destructive limescale can be. It can work its way into taps, making them inoperable and cause permanent etching on certain surfaces. The Showersoft will prevent this from happening, helping to extend the lifespan of your bathroom fixtures and keeping it top condition.
- Softer Water Which Isn’t As Harsh
Changing the form of the minerals in your water makes it behave like softer water. It won’t be as drying on your skin and hair, and forming a lather with soap will be easier.
- Simple installation
Installing the SofterWater™ Showersoft is a simple matter of detaching your shower arm, attaching the water softener to the water outlet, then reattaching the shower arm to the other side of the softener. It couldn’t be easier.
- No More Scrubbing
Say goodbye to scrubbing hard limescale from your tiles. Any build-up that occurs will be soft and easy top remove with a standard bathroom cleaning product.
SofterWater™ ShowerSoft Machine Water Softener – How It Works
- SofterWater™ units are made using a special foundry process, combining a group of metals on the anode and cathode galvanic scale. This alloy has a non-sacrificial anode, which means it will never need replacement.
- As water flows into the unit, it moves through a series of baffles causing intense galvanic reactions.
- Most of the minerals in the water are attracted to the sites of these reactions, forming clumps which remain suspended in the water instead of forming scale.
- Any scale that builds-up is much easier to remove as it does not form as a hard crust.
It’s important to note that each SofterWater™ unit is designed for a specific flow rate range. The SofterWater™ Showersoft is designed for situations where your flow rate is between 6 and 15 litres per minute. Most showers are in the 8 to 10 litres per minute range, so this is usually ideal.
If you need a larger unit for a faster flow rate, let us know.
SofterWater™ ShowerSoft Hard Water Shower Filter- Specifications
- Model: SofterWater™ Showersoft
- Country of origin: Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Thread: 1/2″ BSPP Male/Female Threads
- Overall Length (mm): 102
- Housing: 316 Stainless Steel
- Flow range: 6 to 15 L/min
- Application: Designed to protect appliances
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty. See manufacturer website for details.
SofterWater™ ShowerSoft Hard Water Softener – FAQ
What Type Of Appliances Is This Designed For?
Do I Still Need A Water Filter?
Does The Showersoft Require Any Maintenance?
Does The Internal Alloy Ever Need To Be Replaced?
Will It Affect My Flow Rate?
SofterWater™ ApplianceSoft Hard Water Softener – Testimonials
“As you know, we have a bore feeding into quite a large tank which we then pump to the house with an inline pressure pump.
We were plagued with lime scale from the minute we installed the bore. There was notable build up in all taps, shower heads blocking within a month and the white scale covering everything else.
The evaporative air conditioner we had installed would block in less than 10 days, with the water squirting out the side, not just running down the pads.
We had to use industrial strength de-scaler in the air conditioner and had been told we should never have installed this type of air conditioner.
Since installing a SofterWater Conditioner on the pressure pump and one on the air conditioner we have had fantastic results.”
– Thanks Anne and Glen