The Quick change 3M™ filter cartridge filtration systems will reduce Chlorine taste odour, scale and other impurities from your water.
The systems are very easy to install inline on the cold water line up to your kitchen tap.
The 3M™ Nep Head system allows you to choose between a large range of filter cartridges that all suit the 3M Nep head that features a water shut off system as you remove the cartridge.
3M™ are a world leader in filtration and they have a range of filter cartridges for most applications.
The kit includes:
- 3M Nep head and bracket with Brass Fittings
High quality Genuine 3M product with 3/8″ and 1/2″ BSP male threaded brass fittings.
- Filter cartridge of your choice
Choose between several high-quality cartridges with different micron ratings, capacities and capabilities.
- 3M Multi function pressure limiting non return valve 650Kpa
A pressure limiting valve with 3/4″ BSP and 1/2″ BSP options on the inlet side. This valve also allows you to connect a dishwasher hose as well as the water filter on the outlet end. A brass fitting is supplied to connect the braided line to the valve.
- Braided lines and brass fittings
1 x 450mm and 1 x 600mm S/S braided lines with 1/2″ female threads. Connect the braided line from the cold water sink tap using the 1/2″ joining nipple supplied.
Other fittings and bigger water lines are available on request.
Note: allow 50mm under the system for removing the filter cartridge.
Filter options available are
Used for filtered drinking water to remove sediment, chlorine taste and odour and protection from Giardia and Cysts. System and filter Dimensions 380mm overall x 130mm deep x 130mm across the head and fittings. 5.7 Lpm
1. 3M HF25 1 micron
Used for filtered drinking water to remove sediment, chlorine taste and odour and protection filtering down to 1 micron. System and filter Dimensions 380mm overall x 130mm deep x 220mm across the head to the outside of the lines.
2. 3M HF25-S 1 micron
Used for filtered drinking water and coffee machines etc to remove sediment, chlorine taste and odour and scale protection filtering down to 1 micron. Scale inhibitor to protect equipment for water hardness up to 140ppm. System and filter Dimensions 380mm overall x 130mm deep x 220mm across the head to the outside of the lines.
3. 3M HF27-S 5 micron
Scale inhibitor for harsh or dirty water and commercial applications
Used for filtered drinking water to remove sediment, chlorine taste and odour and scale protection filtering down to 5 micron. Scale inhibitor to protect equipment for water hardness up to 140ppm. System and filter Dimensions 380mm overall x 130mm deep x 220mm across the head to the outside of the lines.
- Maximum Chlorine reduction flow rate at 5.7 LPM
- Larger flow and capacity scale protection filters are also available if required.
- Filter life will vary depending on water quality and volume used with a maximum of 12 months.
- Note if your water supply has a lot of dirt and sediment please contact us to discuss your options.
The replacement filters are listed below.
Contact us for more information.
3M HiFlow NEP-Head System Installation instructions
- Identify the Cold Water braided line under your sink.
- Turn off the water supply by the service tap under the sink, or at the water supply meter.
- After turning off the water supply, release any water pressure by turning on the water cold tap.
- Undo the cold water brained line at wall tap or wall fitting. Note: As a general rule, fittings with coned or flat rubber washers do not require thread tape.
- Fit the 3M Multi-function pressure limiting valve to the other outlet of the isolation tap. The
valve has two ¼” outlet ports, select the outlet port that best suits cupboard space and fit the
¼” x ½” brass nipple and use the black poly blanking plug to seal off the unused port. Use a
small amount of the white thread tape on the fittings if they are not already taped.
- Note: Fittings in this kit may already be thread-taped ready for installation and use.
Check the flow direction on the top of the system head.
With the filter fitted to the head, check the height inside the cupboard – position system up off
the cupboard floor [or shelf] a minimum of 50mm – this will allow sufficient space to replace
- Connect a braided line from the outlet side of the Multi-function pressure limiting valve to the
inlet side of the filter head – take care not to over-tighten sealing nuts
- Two different length braided lines are supplied and either may be used as the inlet or outlet
line, whichever best suits your system positioning – take care not to kink nor over-bend nor
stress the braided lines.
- Fit the other braided line to the outlet side of filter head.
- With the ½” x ½” Chrome Joining Nipple, join this line to the existing braided line leading from
your kitchen cold water tap – existing braided line should be replaced if any kinks or corrosion
- Remove the filter and screw the system bracket to the cupboard. The system can be mounted
on an angle if height is a problem. Refit the filter cartridge.
- Open the cold water tap on the sink and leave on to allow air to escape while flushing. Check all connections.
- Turn the water supply on slowly and flush the new filter for a couple of litres.
- Turn off the sink filter tap and check for leaks. Recheck all connections after a few hours for any leaks. As these filters are so fine you may have some air bubbles in the water for a few days, this
will go away.
The 3M NEP-Head in your new system can take a range of 3M filters. You can change the
type of replacement filter cartridge to suit specific applications if required in the future.