A high-quality American-made benchtop water filter system with filter of your choice (QMPBT-Bench Top). Provides delicious, clean water at a fraction of the cost of bottled water.
Available with your choice of filter. Filter options available for reducing all common contaminants including sediment, Chlorine, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Chemicals, Sediment, Algae, Bad Taste & Odours.
A simple way to obtain safe, healthy and great tasting water. Benchtop systems also eliminate the need to buy bottled water and help the environment.
- High-quality American Made Components
- Excellent contaminant reduction rates.
- Retains healthy minerals.
- Produces water that is delicious, healthy and safe.
- Portable unit which can be used on trips.
- Simple installation process which doesn’t require a plumber.
- Comes with everything you need including fittings, filter cartridge, houisng and spanner.
- Cartridges are universal 10″ x 2.5″ size, which can be purchased anywhere.
- Typical filter cartridge lifespan of 12 months (can vary based on usage and water quality)
- Creates water that is perfect for cooking, washing food, drinking, watering plants, giving to pets, using in aquariums, and more!
Benchtop Water Filter System – What’s In The Box?
- USA-made QMP 10″ x 2.5″ Filter Housing
- Single bend spout for dispensing water (attached to housing)
- 1 meter low pressure 1/4 tubing (attached to housing)
- Black lever diverter (attached to tubing)
- 899 adaptor (used if you have a 23mm internal thread on your spout)
- Filter of your choice
This system is supplied completely assembled and ready for installation.
Filter comes with 1 metre of flexible tubing so the filter can be placed away from your sink’s working area. Included is an adaptor to convert the standard female aerator thread to an external male thread to attach the diverter valve.
Supplied also includes a housing spanner, which can be used to undo the housing (only hand tighten the housing when closing).
Benchtop System – Thread Sizes
The inside thread of the diverter valve measures 21mm (across threads) which will suit older spouts with a male thread once the aerator is removed.
If your tap spout has an internal thread of 24mm once you remove the aerator you will need to use the included 899 adaptor.
Other adapters are available to suit larger threads for out side taps which makes this filter ideal to use at home and when you are traveling. If you need any other fittings just contact us.
Benchtop Water Filter System – Filter Options
Use the drop down box to select the filter you prefer.
Here is a short explanation of the capabilities of each filter type:
Options 1: 1025CB1 (Town Water)
Budget 1 micron carbon block for town water supplies. 1025CB1 1 micron carbon block filter made in China. Basic filter to reduce sediment and improve taste and odour of water.
Option 2: GTS1-10 (Tank & Town Water)
USA Made Silver Impregnated 1 micron carbon filter. A great all round filter with an excellent flow. Silver impregnation makes the carbon bacteriostatic, which means it is resistant to bacterial growth inside of the filter cartridge itself (great for untreated tank water).
Option 3: WC04 (Town Water and heavy metal reduction).
WC04 American Made Multipure 0.45 micron carbon block filter. Our most popular 10″ water filter.
Capable of removing sediment and a wide range of chemicals including complex molecules like chloramines. Also reduces heavy metals including lead and copper.
Option 4: UltraCarb (Town & Tank Water, Bacteria Reduction)
For maximum protection on from bacteria. British Made Doulton Ultra Carb ceramic filter 0.9 micron. When the filter gets dirty and the flow rate is reduced simply clean with a scouring pad under running water to improve the flow.
Option 5: OM1025Phos/GAC (Town Water, Scale Reduction)
For town water that has scale or for coffee machines. Reduces chlorine taste and odours and reduces scale built up.
Option 6: 1025 Cerametix 10″ (Town Water, Bacteria and Fluoride reduction)
Top of the range cartridge for Town water. Cleanable Ceramic outside and a carbon block core. Reduces Chloramines >99% Bacteria >99.9% Fluoride >92% along with many other contaminates including heavy metals.
When the filter gets dirty and the flow rate is reduced simply clean with a scouring pad under running water to improve the flow.
Alternative to the CT15 and CNB1 bench top filters
Benchtop Water Filter System – Specifications
- Dimensions: 300H x 130W
- Replacement filter size: 10″ x 2.5″
- Housing country of manufacturer: United States
- Colour: White with stainless steel components
How To Install Your Bench Top Water Filter
- Remove the aerator screen from the tap spout by unscrewing.
- If your spout has an external thread then the diverter valve will screw straight onto it.
- If your spout has an internal thread then you will need to screw the threaded adaptor supplied into
the spout before attaching the diverter valve.
- If you find water is leaking from the diverter attachment, check the o-ring is still in place.
If the o-ring is present but the unit is still leaking, tighten more. A pair of multi-grips can be used to give it a small final nip
- When the lever is straight down this allows you to run hot & cold water for washing up.
To produce purified water turn on the cold water tap then turn the lever across, this diverters the
water through the filter and out the filter spout.
- All carbon filters need to be flushed for the first 5 litres or, until water becomes clear and has no
bubbles – this removes any carbon fines and air from new filters.
- If water appears to have tiny bubbles (or a white appearance), this is caused by air being trapped
in the filter and will go away with use or flushing.
Important Usage Notes
- Never filter hot water.
- Maximum filter life is 12 months.
- Flush Carbon Filters before using
How to Clean Benchtop System and Replace Filters
- Turn the system upside down and undo the sump by unscrewing from the right turning to the left.
- Empty out any residual water.
- Remove and dispose of old filter, then use a bottlebrush to clean inside the filter housing and up
inside the head.
- Carefully remove and clean O-ring, then use some veggie or cooking oil on the O-ring to keep it
supple – this prolongs their life and makes the sumps easier to undo at next filter change.
Ensure the lubricated O-ring is put back into place, otherwise it could be damaged causing the
system to leak.
- Screw the filter sump and housing head together and firmly hand-tighten.
- Never use a housing spanner to tighten the filter sump – these are for unscrewing only.
- Flush filters for 5 litres as per above. Mark the date on the filter or a calendar when the next
replacement filter is due.
- Contact us for Spare Parts, Replacement Filters and technical advice.
Bench Top Water Filters – Frequently Asked Questions
Are Bench Top Filters As Good As Under Sink Filters?
Will I Need A Plumber To Install A Bench Top Water Filter?
The Bench Top Water Filter Diverter Is Leaking, What Should I Do?
How Long Do Benchtop Water Filters Last?
I Have Water Leaking From The Base Of My Bench Top System, What Should I Do?
Pros and Cons Of Bench Top Water Filters
Like any water filtration system, bench top water filters have their set of advantages and disadvantages. Here are the pros and cons of bench top filter systems.